Time is TBD|
iNaturalist Workshop & Field Trip
iNaturalist is an online platform that allows citizen scientists to engage with nature. People can upload observations of living things (animals, plants, fungi - anything living!) which get recorded and verified. The observations help to map our biodiversity and it's a great a learning tool
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Hopetoun CRC, 46 Veal St, Hopetoun WA 6348, Australia
About the Event
Introduction to iNaturalist Workshop at Hopetoun CRC
We have two expert volunteers who are coming to Hopetoun, Bo Janmaat who is a Licenced DBCA Fauna Trapper & Loxley Fedec who is the “Bug Lady” from South Coast Threatened Invertebrates Group. They will provide us with an introduction to iNaturalist workshop at Hopetoun CRC. What is it? Why should we use it? How do we use it? Why is it important? How does it relate to our incredible Fitzgerald Biosphere?
We will enjoy some afternoon tea before getting on the bus and heading "Into the Biosphere" to explore our own backyard at dusk! Bo & Loxley will demonstrate light trapping and there’ll be plenty of opportunities to get started with recording your own iNaturalist observations.
Participation is for all ages but will require an average level of mobility. Children aged under 16 must attend with a parent/guardian.
As this is being held during late Autumn time, temperatures generally get quite cool in the evenings. Err on the safe side and come prepared for wind, rain and temperatures from 5˚C to 20˚C.
There will be a bus coming from Ravensthorpe which will include pick up and drop off for any attendees joining us from Ravensthorpe. This is the approx schedule for transport:
2:15pm Bus departs Ravensthorpe CRC
3:00pm Event starts at Hopetoun CRC
4:30pm Bus departs Hopetoun CRC to go to Fitzgerald River National Park
6:00pm Bus returns to Hopetoun CRC
6:45pm Bus returns to Ravensthorpe CRC
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
· Smartphone or mobile device with camera
· Head torch
· Hand held torch
· Long loose clothing
· Enclosed footwear
· Insect repellent
· Water bottle
· Snacks if required
· Any usual medication as required i.e. Asthma puffer
· Please do not bring any pets
· Please ensure your footwear is clean and free of mud
- Mon, May 01HopetounMay 01, 2:45 PM – Jun 26, 3:45 PMHopetoun, Hopetoun WA 6348, AustraliaHopey Study Club returns again for Term 2! Hopey Study Cub will happen here at the Hopetoun CRC every Monday from 2:45pm to 3.50pm throughout the school term - starting Monday the 1st of May and ending on Monday the 26th of June. It is an opportunity for primary school aged children Year 2 and
- Time is TBDHopetoun CRCTime is TBDHopetoun CRC, 46 Veal St, Hopetoun WA 6348, AustraliaiNaturalist is an online platform that allows citizen scientists to engage with nature. People can upload observations of living things (animals, plants, fungi - anything living!) which get recorded and verified. The observations help to map our biodiversity and it's a great a learning tool